The following exhibits/attractions are currently closed at the Zoo:
- 8/1/15: Due to the annual WaZoo Beer Fest that evening, the Zoo will be closing at 2 p.m. The water play areas will not operate on 8/1/15 or 8/2/15. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- The small manatee viewing tank in the Manatee & Aquaitcs Center is currently being refurbished for your future enjoyment. Manatees are still viewable in the large viewing pool and in the hopital pool overlook area.
Please note that the Zoo and/or its attractions may close due to inclement weather or other circumstances without notice.
We need your help to keep the neighborhood safe.
We take security very seriously here at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo and ask for your help in the following ways:
- Did you leave your car unlocked, even for a minute?
- Did you leave a purse or other valuables in plain sight?
- Did you leave your vehicle running?
Most vehicles targeted by thieves have at least one of these things in common. This is how thieves select a vehicle to burglarize. A vehicle break-in could occur anywhere, including your driveway. If you don’t leave your car running, don’t leave valuables in plain sight, and don’t leave your car unlocked, you can greatly reduce the chances of becoming a victim.
With your help, we can all make sure your time at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is always safe and enjoyable. If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please let us know.
Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo Security
1101 W. Sligh Avenue
Tampa, FL 33604
813-935-8552 ext. 265