THE SILVER SCREEN
Saturday, April 13th • 6:30 pm
The Silver Screen and Karamu - the cinema and Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo together at their most glamorous.
Guests will enjoy cocktails, up-close animal encounters, seated dinner, dancing with Mainstream Band, and a live and silent auction. All in the Zoo’s spectacular Safari Lodge events facility and adjoining outdoor plaza.
Honorary Chair Susan
Tickets are also available in Bwana level tables of eight. To inquire about a table please call 813-935-8552, ext. 225.
This year, Karamu will have a new way to bid on your favorite silent auction items—with your cell phone!
- The link below will take you to the Karamu Silent Auction site where you can view the list of auction items
- You can bid via the auction’s mobile smart site or, if you don’t have a “smart phone,” you can send a text message of the item number you want and your bid amount
- You will immediately get a response to confirm you are the high bidder.
- If you get outbid, you will get a text message saying so, including the bid you must make to again be the highest bidder.
- You can continue to bid at Karamu until the auction closes.
- If you win, you’ll receive a text message regarding purchase and retrieval of the item.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
With Special Guest
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
5:30 to 7:30 PM
Lone Palm Golf Club
800 Lone Palm Drive
Lakeland, FL 33815
Guests enjoyed unique opportunities for close-up encounters with animals from the Zoo’s Outreach program and met Jack Hanna.
Carol and Barney Barnett
Cheryl and Gerry Black
Patti and Mark Bostick
Denise and Ed Crenshaw
Cathy and Dave Dalton
Nicole and Bruno DeZayas
Kay and Mayor Gow Fields
Christina and Chris Guittierez
Jane and Steve Hamic
Dr. Donna Bhisitkul and Dr. Bret Henricks
Cara and Dr. Steve Hewett
Katrina and Tim Hill
Marisa and Sheriff Grady Judd
Kim and Dr. Jeffrey Karr
Kim and State Representative Seth McKeel
Susan and Kevin Moore
Marie and Ray Oberhofer
Tina and Dr. Pranay Patel
April and Bart Richert
Cindy and Congressman Dennis Ross
Brittany and Robert Sale
State Senator Kelli Stargel
Tammi and Richard Straughn
Jenny and Conley Thornhill
Julie and Chip Watkins
Debbie and Clay Watkins
Gina and Phil Wegman
Cheri and Steve Wright
When you become a Bwana, you join a VIP circle of friends who provide the extra support vital to the continued success of Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo. Your contribution at a higher level helps the Zoo to achieve its important mission of excellence in education, animal care, and conservation programs. Karamu, the Zoo’s signature fundraising event, is the single most important event of the year to benefit work of the Zoo. There are also benefits to Bwanas. Bwanas are recognized for community leadership and generosity. In addition to knowing that you help the Zoo to reach more than one million children and adults about the importance of conserving the world’s countless natural treasures, you will receive:
- Preferred seating during Karamu
- Collectible 25th Anniversary Karamu lapel pin to show your pride
- Name recognition in the Karamu program (if reservation made by April 1, 2013)
- Admission into the Bwana Party, a private VIP reception
- Please note: Bwana Table Sponsors receive additional recognition prior to and during the event and admission for 4 into the Bwana Party.
The Bwana Party will be held Wednesday, April 10. Details sent upon registration.
Your ticket is, of course, tax-deductible to the extent provided by IRS guidelines.
Click the link at the top of this page to purchase your individual tickets today. Tickets are also available in Bwana level tables of eight. To inquire about a reserving a table please call 813-935-8552, ext. 225.
Tom and Dixie Arthur
Michael and April Babb
Jim and Marylou Bailey
Bank of Tampa
Bay Cities Bank
Bayfair Homes/The Links at Pebble Creek
Clark Mueller Bierley, PLLC
CBIZ Kirkland, Russ, Murphy and Tapp
Chris and Sharon Chapman
Clark Mueller Bierley, PLLC
Publix Super Markets Charities
Raymond James Financial, Inc.
TECO Energy, Inc.
Northeast Animal Hospital
Bill and Paola Schifino
Dick and Marilyn Stohler
Mr and Mrs. David A. Straz, Jr.
Mr. Robert Thomas