Zoo classes aren't just for kids!
Check out these great opportunities to indulge your inner child and see what your kids are talking about! The Zoo offers a variety of programming geared towards adult audiences. Whether you are interested in a short program or long-term educational opportunities about animals and the environment, Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo is your resource.
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINKS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON ADULT PROGRAMS.
ZOO TO YOU PROGRAMS FOR ADULTS
The Zoo offers programs where animals can come to your facility. Programming can take place indoors or outdoors for large or small audiences.
ADULT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNTIES AT THE ZOO
Volunteers provide valuable assistance in almost every area of the Zoo's operations. These committed individuals donate over 40,000 hours a year in a variety of capacities.
Experience the Zoo after the sun goes down. Bring your flashlight for the best view as you enjoy a guided hike through the Zoo, go behind-the-scenes to see the workings of our world class manatee hospital, and have an up-close encounter with some of our Animal Ambassadors. Your evening will also include a pizza snack and soda.
• Ages 5 through adult
• 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
• $20 per adult, $15 per child
• Minimum of 10 participants or flat rate of $150
• Minors must be accompanied by a paying adult.
• Maximum of 50 guests per tour.
• Schedule 2 weeks in advance.
To schedule a Twilight Tour, please call
(813) 935-8552 ext. 268.
Premium Behind-the-Scenes Experiences
Have you ever wondered what a day in the life of a zookeeper is like? Want an up-close encounter with animals? Then this tour is for you! This unique experience travels behind-the-scenes to provide exclusive interactions with many of our Zoo animals. This walking tour provides fantastic photo opportunities and one-of-a-kind memories. Please click HERE for tour times and itineraries.
Premium Behind-the-Scenes Experience Program Information:
- Children 2 years and under are FREE and may attend, but are not permitted to feed the animals.
- Children 4 years and under must be carried or held by the hand of an adult in their group.
- Children 3-8 years must be assisted by parent/guardian while feeding the animals.
- Children 13 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Approx. 90 minutes
- $100 per participant (8 maximum including children 2 and under)
- There is an additional cost of $50 per person for the Elephant Specialty Tours
- Includes Zoo admission
- Schedule 2 weeks in advance
To schedule a Premium Experience, please call (813) 935-8552 ext. 268 or email.
Zoo School Program, Party & Camp Catalog
Parents' Night Out
Looking for more than just a babysitter? Trust your children to the professional Education Department staff at the Zoo. Take advantage of our reliable service that includes entertainment, a pizza snack, and drinks while you go out and have a wild time!
• Ages 3-10 (must be potty trained)
• 1st Saturday of each month
• Drop off at 5:30 p.m., Pick up at 11 p.m.
• $30 for one child, $10 for each additional child. ($40 for one child, $20 for each additional child for October's ZooBoo and December's Wild Wonderland)
• One week advance registration is required
Drop n’ Shop Help for the Holidays
Let us help you during this busy time of the year. While you are getting some of your holiday shopping and errands done, your child will be hiking through the Zoo, visiting live reindeer, enjoying an animal encounter/enrichment, and making holiday crafts. All of this is topped off with hot cocoa and cookies!
• Ages 3-10 (must be potty trained)
• December 13, 14, 20, 21
• Drop off at 9:30 a.m. • Pick up at 3 p.m.
• $30 for one child, $10 for each additional child
• Must bring snack and lunch
Click HERE to register.